Thursday, November 3, 2016

Rock the Vote



To be honest this election and candidates have me with no desire to vote!However, just like every citizen it is my obligation to GO OUT AND VOTE. 



I am not feeling both of the main candidates as the future of president, but one of them will be my president for the next 4 years. There is one specific one, that I am praying not to win this election and that is what is motivating me more than anything to go vote.


What makes you shy away from the voting booth?

I don't have any reason that makes me shy away from the voting booth. Voting is something every citizens have a legal right to do so. In my opinion that is something to be really proud about to do. Specially being a woman and of color , for many years women  and people of color were not allowed to vote, now that we have this right to do so I  am not going to take it for granted. 

Do you feel well informed about the issues and candidates? 

Yes, thanks to the media. I have been following the election campaign since it started. I also watched all the four debates. I like to keep myself informed about what is going on around me. Even though I have no desire to vote this election, I did my best to be informed about the candidate I am going to give my vote. It would be really bad to just vote and having no clue about what is going on, I wouldn't risk to support a something I do not believe, or stand for.

The questions I have for this election are?

What is the strategic plan of both candidates to end the police brutality ?
What is Hilary Clinton plan to fight the gap salary between men and women?
What if Donald Trump wins? As an immigrant, does it mean I will have to leave this country?












1 comment:

  1. Hi sweila, I agree with the question you had about the strategic plans of both of them. and your concern about what will happen to certain laws. the pictures added a good touch to the topic.

    ReplyDelete