Monday, October 3, 2016

Nakkula and Toshalis Chp.1

List of ten vocabulary 

-Defiance
-Downright hostile
-Compound 
-Demeanor
-Pathologist
-Coauthored
-Reciprocal coauthored
-Paradoxical
-Exacerbated
-Preclude

Make a list of 10 people, pick one of them (caring, indifferent or antagonistic) and write about how she/he has helped you write your story.
My parents (my mother, father and stepfather)
My friends: Jaison Martins and Alcione Monteiro
My cousin Melissa (caring and selfless)
Internship mentor (Chris)
My first work supervisor

 I chose Melissa because her personality reflected a part of me that had faded away. Because of the actions of someone else in my life, I had begun to think that the problem was my way of being caring and always putting others first. They made me believe that that would lead to people taking me for granted and trying to use me. However, Melissa held none of this person’s ideas. She was just as caring and selfless as I used to be. After we start getting closer, I noticed what made me closer to her and admire the most about her is her caring side and her ability to put others first. From there, I have learned that I should not change the person I am because of someone’s actions or beliefs. What they have done is a part of their personality that should not be changing who I am.  It is perfectly fine to be myself, and spending time with Melissa helped me realize this and return back to who I really am. It gave me courage to pursue what I was really interested in and be able to move past my bad experiences, helping me tell my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment